Application and evaluation procedures are provided within the scope of "BURSA ULUDAĞ UNIVERSITY ASSOCIATE AND UNDERGRADUATE SPECIAL STUDENT DIRECTIVE".
Admission and Evaluation Processes of Special Students Attending Higher Education Institutions Abroad within the Scope of Free Movement (Free Mover)
ARTICLE 9 - (1) Students request a letter of acceptance by sending a nomination certificate to the higher education institution abroad they wish to go to within the scope of free movement. They can benefit from the special student opportunity within the scope of free movement for a maximum of two semesters.
(2) In the free movement program, it is obligatory for the target institution of study-abroad programme must be a higher education institution recognized by the Council of Higher Education.
(3) Special students who go abroad within the scope of free movement are required to provide the following documents during the application:
a) A Transcript of Records
b) A copy of student’s Republic of Turkey/Foreign-national Identity Card
c) A copy of Student Identity Card
ç) Academic Course Equivalency Certificate (Course Equivalency Certificate)
d) A Letter of Acceptance
(4) Students who have received approval from abroad apply to the Department Secretariat of the unit in which they are registered by submitting the documents specified in the Paragraph 3 until the end of July and November in the interim period. Applications beyond the specified deadlines will not be evaluated.
(5) Approved applications as a result of the evaluation made by the Department Head are notified to the Dean's Office/Directorate upon the Decision of the Academic Board of the Department, whereas those disapproved are reported to the students.
(6) Academic Course Equivalency Certificates of outgoing students are prepared in accordance with Article 27 of Bursa Uludağ University Associate and Undergraduate Education Regulations.
(7) Students are obliged to pay their contribution/tuition fees within the specified period for the relevant semester in the Academic Calendar.
(8) The courses taken by the students in the target institution are evaluated by the relevant boards according to the principles in the Paragraph 13 of Article 5 of this Directive and registered into the automation system.
(9) In the free movement program, students are responsible for tracking the processes related to passport, visa, accommodation, travel expenses, travel and health insurance obligations.
Admission and Evaluation Processes of Special Students Coming from Higher Education Institutions Abroad within the Scope of Free Movement (Free Mover)
ARTICLE 14 - (1) Within the scope of free movement, special students coming from a higher education institution abroad are requested to provide the following documents during the application and these original documents are submitted to the relevant unit during final registration:
a) Nomination certificate,
b) A copy of student certificate or student ID card,
c) Academic Course Equivalency Certificate (Course equivalency certificate),
ç) A permit issued by the registered institution,
d) A copy of passport
(2) Special student applications made from higher education institutions abroad must include Turkish translation of all documents that are not originally in Turkish and provide as attached the originals of the approved documents by the Consulate of the Republic of Turkey.
(3) If the courses to be taken by foreign students applying to programs where the medium of instruction is Turkish as special students are offered in Turkish, it must be documented that their Turkish language level is at least C1 or B2 level. Students who have completed their entire high school education in a Turkish high school abroad affiliated to the Ministry of National Education of the Republic of Turkey or those having graduated from a high school in Turkey are not required to have a Turkish Proficiency Certificate.
(4) Turkish-citizen students who are enrolled in higher education institutions abroad and foreign students can benefit from the opportunity of special student status within the scope of free movement for a maximum of two semesters.
(5) The tuition fee that incoming special students within the scope of free movement must pay per semester is specified by the Board of Directors before the beginning of each academic year. The provisions of the legislation in force are practised in matters such as the amount and collection of the tuition fee.
(6) Students who have received approval from the higher education institution they are registered abroad in order to study at the university within the scope of free movement must apply to the relevant unit with all the required documents until the end of July and by the end of November in the interim period. Applications beyond the specified deadlines will not be evaluated.
(7) Applications are forwarded to the Department Chairs by the units for evaluation. The results of the applications evaluated by the Department Chair are notified to the Dean's Office/Directorate along with the acceptance letter to be decided by the relevant board. Letters of acceptance are sent to students whose applications are approved.
CLICK HERE for Coordinators.
*CLICK HERE for e-mail addresses of the units.
CLICK for Application Form
CLICK for Letter of Acceptance (For Office Use Only)